Special host for the Shanghai competition
- OLIVER KOLKER -
(founder and organizer of Pelando Variacion)
If the China Competition has a minimum of 3 to 9 participating couples, the prize is $500 for the winning couple.
If the China Competition has 10 to 15 registered couples, the prize is $1000 for the winning couple.
If the China Competition has 16 or more couples, the prize is: A TRIP TO COMPETE IN B.A.
2 flights to Buenos Aires from China.
4 nights accommodation in Buenos Aires.
A place to compete in the semifinal of PV in December 2018
Pelando Variación is a competition devised and first organized in 2015 by Olivier Kolker. The idea is for the performing couple to compete in dancing only the variación of the song, instead of the entire song.
In detail, the rules are the following:
- Open Competition for PROFESSIONAL and NON-PROFESSIONAL dance couples.
- The competition will consist of ONLY ONE VARIACION
- As part of the registration, the participating couple must SEND, the MUSIC of the tango they intend to perform during the Competition. Only tangos with Variacions at the end will be considered. That selection will then be evaluated and subject to approval by the Organizing Committee. Once the tango is approved, the participant will receive the VARIACION READY TO COMPETE. No changes will be allowed.
- During the Competition, the couple may modify the CHOREOGRAPHY, but not the MUSIC.
- The contestants will perform only the variacion of the tango they choose. The minimum duration of such performance consists of two eights (measures of musical time) until the end of the song. The performance ends with the ending of the variacion.
- The music for the performance will begin a maximum of 12 seconds prior to the Variation.
- The length of the chosen Variación will not be taken into account by the judges, as long as it is a minimum of two eights measures of musical time.
- No elements (i.e.handkerchiefs, umbrellas, etc.) are allowed during the Variación part of the performance.
- If a couple passes into the next round, semifinal or final, there will not be any replacements of either dancer.
The judges will be composed of professional and highly-esteemed Tango couples.
The judges will be considering the following when making their decision:
2) Elegance of Movement
The maximum score a couple can get are 50 points, 10 for each concept and the minimum are 5 points.
THE FINAL SCORE
In each round, the scores of the JUDGES will decide the WINNING couples for each round.
In the case of a tie in the Judges’ votes, the criteria would be to allow those couples to perform for a second time
$100 USD per couple.
All PV competitors are given discounted workshop price during festival.
All PV competitors are automatically allowed free entry into the milonga each night.
Registration consists of 3 STEPS.
Pay the registration fee using the link below.
Enter personal data.
Send the audio file of the song you have selected for your choreographed variation. Once we receive the song, our team edits it and sends you the variation, ready to compete.
REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL ALL 3 STEPS ARE DONE.
STEP #1 PAYMENT
STEP #2 PERSONAL INFORMATION
STEP #3 AUDIO FILE
Buenos Aires 2017 PV